Our Privacy Promise
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We make sure that privacy and security are embedded in everything we do.
- We will not send you marketing communications unless you have asked us to.
- You can change your mind at any time. We will never sell your personal data.
- We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
- We will not use your personal data in ways that we have not told you about.
Who we are?
Astro Stones Europe Limited is responsible for the personal data that you share with us. When we say, “Astro Stones”, “us”, “our” or “we”, this is who we are referring to. Astro Stones is the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable data protection laws.
What is Personal Data?
What personal data do we collect about you and how do we use it?
You, the consumer, are our priority. You drive what we do. We love hearing from you, learning about you, and creating and delivering products that you enjoy. At Astro Stones, our ambition is to build relationships based on transparency and mutual trust. We know that many of you love interacting with us and because of this, there are many ways that you might share your personal data with us, and ways that we might collect it.
How do we collect or receive your personal data?
We might collect or receive personal data from you via our websites, forms, Astro Stones products, or brand pages on social media or otherwise. Sometimes you give this to us directly (e.g. when you create an account, when you contact us, when you purchase from our websites or stores), sometimes we collect it (e.g. using cookies to understand how you use our websites). The legal basis for the processing of your personal data can be:
Your consent – This applies where you provide your personal data and specifically consent to us using it to provide you with a specific service, for example, so that:
- you can receive marketing communications from us. If you later ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, we need to keep some of your personal data on a suppression list so that we can make sure we do not contact you again. This is a legal obligation; and
- we can store certain cookies on website or device. We may place targeted advertising cookies (these allow us to tailor services we offer, specifically to you), analytical cookies (these are also known as performance cookies and measure/record your interaction with our site so we can make improvements) on your device. Please see the Cookie Settings section of our websites for more information on the different types of cookies we use, and their purpose.
The performance of a contract – This applies where you provide us with your personal data in order for us to provide you with a service (e.g. you ask us to create a customer account for you or you wish to purchase a product and we can manage the associated logistics).
To comply with a legal obligation – This is where you provide us with your personal data which we need to keep for our legal reasons (e.g. when you make a purchase we need to keep your transaction information to comply with our tax and financial reporting obligations).
Automated Decision Making – This means the ability to make decisions using technology, without human involvement. We may use automated decision-making techniques for the purposes of securing transactions placed through our websites/apps and/or devices against fraud. In addition, we may use a third-party provider’s solution to protect our systems, assets, etc. against fraud.
The method of fraud detection is based on a number of different data predictions and data intelligence techniques that may change over time, to keep up with technological advancement. These may include, for example, simple comparisons, or association, clustering, prediction, and outlier detection using intelligent agents, data fusion, and data mining techniques. This fraud detection process may be completely automated or may involve some human intervention where the final decision is taken by a person. In all cases, we take all reasonable precautions and safeguards to limit access to your data.
As a result of automatic fraud detection, you may: (i) experience a delay in the processing of your order/request whilst we review your transaction; and/or (ii) be limited or excluded from using a service if a risk of fraud is identified.
Who may access your Personal data?
Please note we do not sell or share your personal data.